Wednesday 25 August 2010

Coronation Street Star at East Cheshire Hospice

I've been working at East Cheshire Hospice again and had the pleasure of meeting Corrie star Samia Smith who plays Maria. She's a patron of the hospice and was also being filmed by Granada TV to help promote the hospice's upcoming Midnight Walk. She spoke openly about her father who was cared for by the hospice in his last days and describes the hospice as a happy place. I couldn't agree more; I enjoy meeting the staff and nurses and there is always a very calm, friendly and relaxed atmosphere about the place. Samia was a joy to photograph, so easy to talk to and really cared about the patients there. Do support the hospice through the walk if you can - take a look at their website. They need to raise a phenomenal £6000 per day to keep running. I've decided to do the Midnight Walk myself, so if you'd like to donate to the hospice please do so by following this link.







No comments:

Post a Comment